Friday, October 18, 2013

First Linky Party

I meant to link up last Friday as my first linky party, but I was busy doing laundry and cleaning because last Saturday I was off to DC to visit my sister.  It was such a fabulous week.  I am on Fall Break, and it is one of my first *real* breaks in the last two years.  Before over breaks, I would have grad school projects, so this was truly a treat.

Here I go.  I do not have any school related things on my list, but I will be back to that next week!

[1]


I am from Arizona.  Southern Arizona, and we just don't get fall colors.  It was so awesome to see the vivid reds, oranges, and yellows.  This particular tree was on Mt. Vernon property.
[2]


While visiting my sister, I got an early birthday gift.  This super cute scarf!
[3]


Dinner one night was at Luke's Lobster (so yummy!). I had some really tasty root beer.

[4]


George Washington knew how to pick property.  This is the view from behind his house on Mt. Vernon.  A gorgeous view overlooking the Potomac.
[5]


We had a great time on the Ghost Tour around LaFayette Square.  It ended at the White House.  The Washington Monument looks so pretty with all the scaffolding lit up.

Link up at Doodle Bugs Teaching!


2 comments:

  1. The ghost tour sounds amazing...and fun! I was just checking out some spooky things to do around my area that aren't "haunted houses" but more creepy, fun things. Love your ghost tour idea!

    What a fun week,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, yes! It was totally fun. Also, I do not enjoy being scared, jumped out at, etc., and the Ghost tour was just spooky enough! Hope you find one around you. It was very cool.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete