Saturday, October 12, 2013

Back it Up Ya'll

This past week was a busy, busy, busy one.  We had a full school day Monday, then early out the rest of the week for parent teacher conferences.  I love getting to meet with all my kinder's parents and discuss the reason we are there, but gosh darn it, it is exhausting!

We finished up a few things here and there and did a few assessments that are required in my district.  It has been a wild year with two new curriculums (reading and math).  However, I still feel more grounded than I have in a few years.  It is my first time, in seven years that I am in the same grade and classroom for three years in a row, and it feels amazing!

We are working on getting more quick and doing, well basically everything.  I have a few students who are just so on-it, and I have a couple that resemble molasses when we do things... :) My little pokies.  We have been working on completing our math journals in a fashion that doesn't take too long. :)  I have Deanna Jump's awesome math journal prompts.  During the big back to school sale, I *finally* got to get them.  I had been eyeing them a while. :)

Here are a couple student examples from one of our prompts this week.




In other news, I found these ADORABLE bags in the dollar section of Target.  I haven't decided exactly what I want to do with them yet, but they were too cute to pass up!
One thing I love about my hometown, is the beautiful sunsets we get.  This is just one of many I always take. They make me smile on the way home.


I am looking forward to learning about bats and spiders, to name a few things, with my kinders.  I love that we have so much fun while we learn.  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment