Friday, January 10, 2014

Five For Friday!

This first week back felt a little long, but we were busy, busy, busy and it was lovely to see my littles again.

Time to Five it up with Five for Friday!


Started by week off at a 4 year old's dinosaur birthday party at a pizza place.  My friend (another "grown up") and I had fun playing "Land Before Time."  In actuality, I had fun taking pictures of the dinosaurs and recalling the movie.... I guess that is basically the same thing.



Right at the end of my break, I spent more hours than I care to admit organizing and rearranging a bit in my classroom.  My stamps are *finally* in order and not just in a basket.  It is so much more efficient this way.  I also bought Deedee Will's Writing Work Station for January and found a place to put it. (I got creative and am loving strong velcro right now!).

My colleague one door down across the hall has a class pet.  She forgot briefly about him and one day when I was in she asked if I was able to smell the scent of death coming from here room.  Well after lunch with a teammate I went in to check... Didn't smell anything. I got close to the cage and his cute little head popped out of his fluff to great me.  He was so cute.  I noticed he was out of water so I filled it up and he was so cute sitting there drinking.  I mean just look at those sweet little paws.


I got to order some things for my classroom.  I don't know how your school does it, but I have a little free choice at the end of each day, and on our early out days in the morning so that my half day kiddos get a chance to work on social skills and enjoy some of the awesome learning toys we have.  I didn't get a picture of everything, but they are loving the new toys.  The big picture are toys called Geo Builders. In the top right corner the kids had taken out the ocean/sea life counters and were sorting (and telling me how they sorted...it was too cute!) and I was excited to get my multicultural baby dolls.  We also got a cool bamboo villiage that they are going nuts over.  I ordered some other counters and double dice as well in addition to some other things.  It was an exciting time. :)




My tootsies were tired by the end of today.  I do not have a plan period on Friday and we were just go go go.  I hope to update more about my week this weekend...but at the end of the day today I needed to sit for a few minutes.  I have my small group table low to the ground to better utilize our file crate seats and it is perfect for propping up my feet.  I also just love my boots.  I have gotten compliments from kids and adults alike (even in public)... makes my day.

Happy Friday!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/01/five-for-friday-linky-party-january-10th.html
You can go link up too! :)

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the linky. I love your boots too! Purple is just such a great wintery colour. My department are about to start our ordering for next year, so I'm hunting for inspirations for toys/learning tools.

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. We got to order out of Lakeshore, Kaplan, Constructive Play Things, EAI, and those sorts of catalogs. My kiddos are loving this Bamboo village building kit/thing I ordered, as well as Magna tiles I ordered last year. There are so many cool things to order! :)

      Delete
  2. Found you on the linky! I love how you organized your stamps. Also, glad to hear that your colleague's pet was just fine! :)

    Sarah Beth
    Miss White's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Sarah Beth and commenting! I found the container for a few bucks at Walmart in the aisle that has command hooks, and duck tape and the like. I originally found a tackle box in the fishing area, but liked this one better. :) I also am so glad that Hammy was ok. He was too cute when I went in to check on him.

      Delete