Monday, January 6, 2014

Crafting and Creating 2014 Resulution

I am a little behind in actually posting, BUT I am feeling good about actually posting...and not just thinking about it. Ha.Ha.

I have always enjoyed crafts.  I love creating things for my classroom (I LOVE even more that I have a little more time).  I have been making things from the beginning of my teaching career, but I didn't do a lot of classroom decor, until more recently.  This is due partially to moving grades and schools in the first few years of teaching (due to pink slips and short term contracts) and then having grad school the last few years.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my school and where I am at now, and I know that everything happened for a reason.

I love making things for my classroom, but I want to find/make more time to do things I love at home too.  I went to a cool place in my city in which you have a drink and paint a canvas.  You can paint the picture you signed up for or whatever you want.  I painted the peacock like they were teaching, just using my own colors and such.  I am a little a lot messy when I paint... but there is something so relaxing about painting. 



I painted a few things at home as well, in addition to using my cameo to add vinyl to things.  I want to create more projects using the vinyl because it is just so.much. fun.  I made a craft table earlier this year, I just have yet to paint the top.. at the moment it is covered with a table cloth.  I also have made a few homemade cards.

 I didn't finish adding the pictures, but I made this cool exploding box.  I found it on Pinterest and the directions were great (you can find them here).


I started a scrapbook after my first trip to DC... I think back in 2011... and it has yet to be finished... I need to make more time to do these things I enjoy... and also finishing my friend's wedding album...from 2010... I'm ok if you judge me a little. haha.

Ever since my friend's baby shower a year ago, I have made a bunch of banners for friend's parties and for my classroom.  I am kind of addicted and am looking forward to making more.

All in all, I hope to do more of what I have shown in these pictures.

You can link up too!

http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/2014/01/welcome-2014-crafting-and-creating-linky.html

No comments:

Post a Comment