Monday, February 3, 2014

Flash Back

Wowza.  I can't believe it's been a few weeks since I have posted.  I have had some ideas of what I wanted to post, but just have not had the attention span/awakeness to do it.  January flew by in a flash and I am expecting that February will follow in it's footsteps.  We learned about Martin Luther King Jr., celebrated our 100th day, learned about penguins, I celebrated two birthdays on our team and the list goes on.  I want to catch up a bit on what's been going on in our room and in another post, talk about our 100th day.  The 100th day is one of my absolute favorite days of the year.  But I'll save that for another post.

When finishing up our Penguin theme, I had the kids paint penguins and when they were dry (aka a few days later when we had a chance to do it!), the kids added eyes, beaks, feet (if they needed to) and some of my littles made their penguins macaroni penguins (They were IN LOVE with them).  We also did a bit of writing to go with our penguins.





I don't know if you have read the book Pierre the Penguin.  I LOVE this story.  So did my kids.  When I searched for a webcam on penguins, there were many I was not able to open at school, but this one from California Academy of Sciences opened with no problems AND it is where Pierre is.  Oh.My.Goodness. My kids could have watched the webcam and those stinking cute penguins all.day.long.  I'm not even kidding. If I would have let them, they would have watched them all day.  To be honest, I could have watched them all day.  They were too cute.  One little guy, we kept thinking he would dive into the water, he was on the brink but he just waddled back and forth.  We were in love.

Flash Back Moment
I still have our new year's resolutions up, because they make me smile and they are so bright and colorful (and glittery!).  I think my favorite was my little girl who said she was going to wash her hair better.  She further explained to me that she doesn't always get the shampoo out.  I love kinders.  When thinking about it, I can see how she would have this problem...she has thick hair.



One other can't-help-but-smile moment I had was a couple weeks ago when my class went to the library to check out books.  One of my kinder babies chose to check out a book on tape.  He was sitting at the long bench/counter sort of seat bag in one hand, book in the other and the tape sitting a little bit down on the ledge.  He is asking for help.  I ask him if he needs help putting it all back in his bag... Nope.  While slowly opening the book from the corner, he says, "I can't hear it."  I turned around to stifle a giggle and then explained that the tape has to go in a player, just like a dvd, and just like our listening centers in class.  It was too cute!  Once we figured that out, he was counting to 100 (with 1-1 yes!). :)



No comments:

Post a Comment