Saturday, September 28, 2013

Apple Pickin'

What a day yesterday!  On the way to school the sky was looking ominous.  Not something you'd necessarily like to see when you are going to an outdoor field trip.



Sure enough, by the time I parked at school the rain was POURING.  Thankfully, I keep an umbrella in the car and, even better, it was within reach.  The thing about Arizona rain, is it can pour for a few minutes ridiculously hard and then stop.  Luckily for us, this was the case.  We had a FABULOUS time at the orchard picking and tasting apples.  The kinders were able to eat an apple just by wiping it off, because this orchard does not use any pesticides.  Some of my littles ate MORE than one and I really hope they do not get an upset stomach. (This thought sparking due to an incident my teammate had with a kiddo a few years ago).  After the orchard, we at lunch at a nearby park and boy did the kids have fun running around and playing with their friends.




I am looking forward to Monday (wait what?!). But really I am.  We have another week of apple fun to embark on, and it will start with an apple investigation on Monday. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment